From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Pumbukin (パンブーキン, Panbūkin; FUNimation "Shugesh", Viz "Panbukin") is a member of the Planet Elite Force.
Pumbukin's Japanese name is a pun on the word Panpukin, or Pumpkin in English.
Pumbukin appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Bardock: The Father of Goku. While battling in his Great Ape form on Planet Kanassa, his cheek was cut by a Ki Blast from a Kanassan. He retaliated by crushing the Kanassan under his foot. Later, he tackled another Kanassan who had hit Bardock in the back of the neck.
- Masshibu Kataparuto – Masshibu Kataparuto (マッシブ カタパルト, Masshibu Kataparuto; Literally meaning "Massive Catapult")
- Pumbukin's face is shown whenever Bardock performs the Saiyan Spirit in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3.
- In Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's original character design of Bardock's Elite, Pumbukin is drawn with more of a Nappa-like physique. For example, he is much taller and has an equal muscle mass. He was later changed into the "pumpkin"-like figure he is now, the reason being that Akira Toriyama said he wanted Saiyans to have more "distinguishing features" (Akira Toriyama drew the final draft of Bardock's Elite). The physical change may also be a pun of his name.
- Like Bardock and Toma, Pumbukin's original name given to him by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru is not completely changed in the final draft by Akira Toriyama.
- Pumbukin's name pun, the pumpkin, is technically a fruit. Many countries have made rulings to call them vegetables despite their biology, which clearly makes them fruit.