From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Bear Thief (山賊, Sanzoku; FUNimation "Bear Thief"; Literally meaning "Bandit") is an anthropomorphic Bear.
Bear Thief lived somewhere around Mount Paozu. He wielded a large scimitar and attacked passerbyers for food and valuables. He encountered Son Goku and Bulma Brief as they escorted Kame back to the ocean. Bear Thief intended to have Goku give up Kame to eat him, but Goku refused. This led to a confrontation between the two. Having not been able to even touch Goku, Bear Thief was defeated with only one punch to his face.
Bear Thief makes his first playable appearance in Dragon Ball: Advanced Adventure where he is a boss character and playable character.
- Japanese dub: Takahiko Sakaguma
- FUNimation dub: Dameon Clarke (Anime); Bob Carter (Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo)
- Ocean Group dub: Ian James Corlett
- The mercenary clan leader who appears in "Tien's Atonement" looks almost identical to Bear Thief.
- Bear Thief has been used as the basis of several other anthropomorphic animals and bandits in the Dragon Ball franchise. The most notable is Tiger Thief, who appears in "Terror and Plague" and "Goku's Traffic Safety".
- The warrior who is trapped within the Gourd of Mist in "Terror and Plague" and Lord Yao and his henchmen from Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy have similar clothes to that of Bear Thief.
- Dragon Ball: Origins has many types of enemies modeled after Bear Thief.