DBZ Episode 128
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Son Goku transformed into a Super Saiyan and fought against Artificial Human No. 19. No. 19 tried to hit Goku, but Goku easily blocked his moves. Goku then elbowed No. 19 into a mountain and the mountain fell on the Artificial Human. Tenshinhan was happy that Goku was winning, but Piccolo did not look all that happy. No. 19 tried to headbutt Goku, but Goku easily stopped it with his hand and kicked him. Dr. Gero (Artificial Human No. 20) looked really scared and astonished at this.
Turtle Hermit and Oolong peeped into a lady's magazine and Chaozu was really worried about Tenshinhan. Suddenly, a very drunk Maron turned up again. Turtle Hermit quickly hid the magazine and tried to kiss and lick her hip, but caught a plant instead. Chaozu and Turtle Hermit explained where Kuririn was and that he was fighting against the Red Ribbon Army, but Maron thought they meant he had went out to get a red ribbon for her. They explained again, but she still did not understand. She said that she just wanted her Kuririn and shook her body. Turtle Hermit got happy when he saw her breasts moving. Maron then asked Turtle Hermit to tell her the story about the Red Ribbon Army again. Turtle Hermit explained about how Goku had started off on a training mission and to find the Dragon Balls. The Red Ribbon Army also wanted them, therefore Goku had to defeat the entire army. Dr. Gero, who had escaped, wanted revenge and created Artificial Humans stronger than Goku, but they had also killed Dr. Gero himself. Maron asked them who would will save her from the monsters and Turtle Hermit, Oolong, and Chaozu started to laugh.
Meanwhile, Goku still had the upper hand against No. 19, but he seemed tired for some reason. Gohan and the others arrived and Gohan shouted out for his father, but Tenshinhan said that he did not have to worry because Goku had the upper hand. Kuririn asked if it was this way all along and asked if there was any reason to worry. Gohan said yes and Piccolo said he had all the reason to worry. He said that Goku was maxed out for some reason and that he was not even hurting the Artificial Human. No. 20 on the other hand thought that if No. 19 did not get the chance to absorb some energy soon, he might use up his entire energy and short circuit. Goku on the other hand seemed to get tired very fast. Goku fired a Kamehameha at No. 19, but was absorbed by him. Piccolo asked Goku not to use energy blasts against No. 19 as he would absorb energy and get rejuvenated. Goku used it again and he lost so much of his energy that he backed up. Gohan then noticed Goku clutching his heart and realized that Goku was suffering from the Heart Virus. Piccolo said that it was happening much later than Future Trunks Brief had predicted it.
- In the filler segment where Turtle Hermit tells Maron about the story of the Red Ribbon Army, there are many inconsistencies with what really happened in the Dragon Ball anime. These include the following:
- In the FUNimation dub of this episode, Tao Pai Pai is erroneously named General Tao. This is a mixup with Dragon Ball: Mystical Adventure, an alternate universe Dragon Ball story. In the film, Tao is actually a general. In the main timeline of the series, however, he never has that position. There is a similar mixup with Chaozu in "Goku's Alive!!".
- It is also incorrectly states that Tao was the "mastermind behind all of the Red Ribbon Army military operations". This is incorrect; Tao was just hired by the Red Ribbon Army to kill Goku. He had no further affiliations with them; in fact, that's why he's called a "mercenary".
- It is also incorrectly states that the fight between Goku and Tao under Karin Tower is the end of Tao. In reality, he survives and is rebuilt as a cyborg, and later resurfaces at the Tenkaichi Tournament a few years later.
- Commander Red is never mentioned in the dub. In fact, the few backshots of him are implied to be of Dr. Gero, who is retconned into the Red Ribbon Army. It is also implied that Dr. Gero was the mastermind behind the army, not Commander Red. Though this was never seen in Dragon Ball, there is no continuity problem in assuming that Dr. Gero was actually there from the start, and that he was simply hiding and manipulating Commander Red.
- There is a small mistake in the dub during the beginning of the fight. After Goku unleashes a blow on Android 19, the camera shows Piccolo and Tien, who encourages Goku. Right after that, Gohan's voice is heard saying "Way to go, Dad". Gohan, Kuririn, and Yamucha have not arrived to the fight site yet, howewver, so there is no way Gohan could be there to say that.
"The fight begins as Goku turns Super Saiyan and fights Android 19. It looks like Goku has the situation handled, but he discovers 19's absorption technique after firing a Kamehameha. To make matters worse, it looks like something else is weakening him while 19's ready to fight." cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.