DBZ Episode 150
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Up to Piccolo is the eleventh episode of the Imperfect Cell Saga and the one hundred fiftieth episode in the original dubbed and the uncut version of the Dragon Ball Z series. The original Japanese title is "Sutemi no Hangeki Oyobazu! Pikkoro Moetsukiru!!" (捨て身の反撃及ばず! ピッコロ燃え尽きる!!). The episode first aired on July 29, 1992. It's original American air date was October 18, 2000.
It all starts when Android 17 starts to fight Cell. 17 asks Cell who he is after Piccolo saves 17's life. He says that his name is Cell and that he is here to come and destroy him. Piccolo and Android 17 join teams and starts to fight together. Meanwhile Tien goes to see how strong Imperfect Cell is to Piccolo and to see what they are up against and Krillin meets up with Bulma so it will be much easier and faster to shut down the Androids. Piccolo charges up a powerful beam attack, but Cell remains unscathed and now he has a yellow aura similar to the super saiyan while hiding in the water. Cell then grabs Piccolo by the neck and impales him with a yellow energy wave called See Ya! Gohan then gets mad and want's to help Piccolo but Goku tell him to stay there they are no good like that and that and said to hurry up Vegeta and Future Trunks. The episode ends when Chi-Chi says to hurry up Goku.
- Android 17 vs. Imperfect Cell
- Piccolo vs. Imperfect Cell
- In the opening of the episode, the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is mistakenly referred to as the Pendulum Room.
- Cell tries to absorb 17 by jabbing him with his tail like he does humans (although he doesn't succeed, as 17 either dodges or is saved by Piccolo). However, that method of absorption does not work on androids like 17, as Cell has to open the end of his tail up to absorb 17 and 18 later on.
- This is the third time someone is seriously injured, is thrown into the water, and survives. The first being Vegeta during his fight with Zarbon, the second being Krillin when Frieza impaled him with his horn. Interestingly enough, Piccolo survives an attack from Cell that is similar to how Vegeta killed Zarbon.
- This is the first time that 16 talks about something that isn't Goku, birds, or power levels. He tells 17 that he should not fight Cell, and that he should get out.
|Imperfect Cell Saga|
|Seized with Fear • The Reunion • Borrowed Powers • His Name is Cell • Piccolo's Folly • Laboratory Basement • Our Hero Awakes • Time Chamber • The Monster is Coming • He's Here • Up to Piccolo • Silent Warrior • Say Goodbye, 17|
|Brief summary||With more people absorbed, Cell has become … With more people absorbed, Cell has become more powerful than both Piccolo and 17 combined. Despite Piccolo's best attempts, Cell easily disposes of Piccolo. Knowing of his origin and mission the Androids must work together in order to save themselves from Cell's overwhelming power. themselves from Cell's overwhelming power.|