DBZ Episode 285
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Last time, the citizens of Earth refused to put their hands up to give energy to Goku. The others on New Namek told Vegeta to ask politely because the energy ball has only the energy of their friends. Vegeta tries asking them again. Back on Earth a young man raises his hand and his energy is given off. Then a bystander claims it's a demons trick. Vegeta overhears people say that he was on Babidi's side, which angers him.
The two Buus are still fighting and the fat Majin Buu is much weaker. he gets puched to the floor, then Kid Buu makes an energy ball to pin Majin Buu on the floor. Hercule thinks it's over and that they are doomed. Hercule rushes to save Majin Buu, and throws a stone at Kid Buu. When it reflected Kid Buu he just ran back. As Kid Buu turned, he saw Goku with the energy ball and rushes towards him. Vegeta, trying to assist Goku, said he will give him some time to make the energy ball. Vegeta gets beaten fast, and Goku screams. All of the people who remember his voice ( mostly minor characters from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z) start to give their power to him. Other people recognize his voice ans starts giving power to Goku's energy ball. Android 17 also makes an appearance during the episode. Back on the Kai Planet, Vegeta is getting badly beaten. He desperately tries to give Goku some time to make the Spirit Bomb. Vegeta fights until he was weakened. Kid Buu decided to finish him once and for all so he could easily deal with Goku. On Earth Piccolo assigns everyone to go to every city and tell the people to share their energy. They all try but the people do not care. But when Piccolo goes near the city they all run away. Vegeta is using all his energy to beat Kid Buu, but Kid Buu is too strong. Hercule soon gets angered and he tells everyone to raise their hands and everyone does so. After that, Goku was capable of gathering a strong Spirit Bomb while Vegeta distracted Kid Buu. Goku then makes the Spirit Bomb and Vegeta moves out of the way and Goku's ready to fire it.
- Mister Boo vs. Kid Boo
- Vegeta vs. Kid Boo
- Hercule helps save the entire universe in this episode, by telling everyone on Earth to give up energy when they wouldn't listen to Goku or Vegeta.
- Nam, Bandages the Mummy, and Spike the Devil Man (characters from Dragon Ball who have cameo appearances in this episode) did not give up energy when Goku asked them (as they are seen giving up energy after Hercule told them).
- Two men are seen in a snowy area, and one gives up energy and "feels like (he) just ran a mile". In FUNimation dub, they use the words "Hoser" and "eh". These words and the snow are common Canadian stereotypes, making this Dragon Ball Z's version of Canada. Ironically, the Ocean dub (which was released in Canada) did not have them use the words "eh" and "hoser".
- The episode is said to be based on the Earth's unawareness and denial of New World Order.
- In Android 17's cameo appearance while Goku is pleading for The Earth's energy he says "It's been along time since I've heard that voice" despite the fact that he and Goku never met during the Android Saga and they have never had a conversation. However, Android 17 was programmed explicitly to kill Goku, and thus may have sound clips of Goku in his memory put there by Dr. Gero.
"Vegeta continues to plead with the people of earth, but no one will listen to him. Old Buu has finally lost all of his energy, so Vegeta is forced to fight Kid Buu. He is no match for him, and gets pounded. Now Goku asks the earthlings to raise up their arms, and small pockets of people who recognize his voice do so, but the vast majority remain uninterested. Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks spread out into the city, hoping to convince people to raise their arms. Hercule has finally had enough, and he speaks to the people of earth. When they hear the familiar voice of the World Champion, all of the people of earth raise their arms and offer their energy. The Spirit Bomb is finally ready." cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.