Hoi Poi Capsule
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Hoi Poi Capsules (ホイ ポイ カプセル, Hoi Poi Kapuseru), Hoi-Poi Capsules, Dyna-Caps, Dyna Caps, DynaCaps, DynoCaps, Dyno-Caps, Dyno Caps, Hoi Poi, Hoi-Poi, HoiPoi, or simply Capsules were created by Dr. Brief of the Capsule Corporation for the purpose of making objects compact and easy to transport.
Concept and creation
The concept of the Hoi Poi Capsules was first shown in Akira Toriyama's one-shot The Adventure of Tongpoo, a precursor to the Dragon Ball manga. The Hoi Poi Capsule in The Adventure of Tongpoo worked differently, as they were small pill-like objects that had to be boiled in water to activate.
Throughout Dragon Ball, numerous objects – airskis, hovercars, homes, and organic corpses and house plants – have been seen contained in Capsules. The only things that have never been shown in Capsules are living sapient organisms.
This single apparent limitation is explored in Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II where an optional side-quest has Gohan tracking down a spy in Capsule Corporation who was trying to find the formula that Dr. Brief was using to create these Capsules. Hoi Poi Capsules are identified by various classes, one of which is known to be 'M'. Capsules are distributed by vendors throughout Earth, although the pricing varies depending on what it contains. It is possible to have an object adapted to turn into a Capsule. Capsules are also featured in various video games as a means of customizing playable characters.
Although Hoi Poi Capsules were created on Earth by Dr. Brief, Dr. Raichi used one before Dr. Brief was born in Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans. It could, however, be possible that Hoi Poi Capsules were created using similar technology on other planet(s).
Capsule Corporation Capsules contain all kinds of products from hovercars to refrigerators.
Capsule Corporation's line of capsules
- 1 – Bulma's Capsule House that Bulma Brief and Son Goku stayed in near Skull Valley. Kame House is one. Bulma stays in one on Planet Namek. Future Trunks had a Time Machine come out of a Capsule No. 1 in Dragon Ball Z: Atsumare! Gokū Wārudo.
- 2 – An Electric Rice Cooker used by Tenshinhan. Bulma used her Escape Capsule Capsule No. 2, something similar to a Pilaf Machine, on Planet Namek. Gohan had a Telephone come out of a Capsule No. 2 in Atsumare! Gokū Wārudo.
- 3 – An Electric Rice Cooker used by Turtle Hermit.
- 4 – Silverstar 4 was a hovercar used by Yamucha and Pu-erh to track Goku, Bulma, and Oolong from Fire Mountain to Castle Pilaf.
- 5 – Flying vehicle
- 6 – Archeological Evacuation Robot
- 7 – A Time Machine. Capsule No. 8 was a boat in [Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies]]. Videl used a Capsule No. 7 which looked similar to a Capsule No. 576.
- 8 – Capsule Boat No. 8 was a boat. Capsule No. 8 was a House-Wagon in [Dragon Ball: Curse of the Blood Rubies]].
- 9 – Goku used Capsule Bike No. 9, a motorcycle, and saved Bulma from a Pteranodon. Bulma used Capsule No. 9, a submarine, on Planet Namek.
- 11 – Airplane/Submarine
- 14 – Bulma used Capsule Bike No. 14 and traveled to Aru Village.
- 19 – Small Pirate Submarine
- 36 – Mai's Pilaf Machine
- 43 – Car used by Chichi and Goku.
- 61 – Capsule Plane No. 61
- 67 – Capsule Bike No. 67
- 69 – Pilaf's Pilaf Machine
- 80 – Submarine
- 82 – Airplane/Submarine
- 85 – Metro West Police Scooter
- 90 – Ship
- 103 – Capsule Plane No. 103
- 115 – Capsule Plane No. 115 had the capability of carrying at least 4 passengers.
- 116 – A hot air balloon shown on the cover to "Onward to Fry-Pan...".
- 192 – Capsule Plane No. 192 had 8 seats and a medium-sized area that was used to transport Goku and the others who were killed or injured after the fight against Nappa and Vegeta.
- 239 – Capsule Plane No. 239 was used by Tenshinhan to travel to King Castle.
- 240 – Capsule Plane No. 240
- 339 – Capsule Plane No. 339
- 576 – Capsule Plane No. 576 was flown by Kuririn. It is often flown by Roshi also.
- 991 – Capsule Plane No. 991
- 2031 – Refrigerator
- 2150 – Metro West Taxi
- 2402 – Digital Wrist Watch
Below are products whose Capsule number is unknown.
- Air Bike
- Air Ski
- Capsule Capsule (in Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II)
Red Ribbon Army line of Capsules
Below is the Red Ribbon Armys line of known Capsules.
- 3 – RRA large fighter jet used by Goku to go to Jingle Village
- 4 – RRA tanks, seen when used against Ox-King's Village
- 5 – RRA jet-copter
- 6 – RRA small fighter jets, seen the attack on the Ox-King's Village
- 8 – RRA tanks, seen in The Path to Power
- 11 – RRA jet-copter
- 14 – RRA jet-copter
- 16 – RRA jet-copter
- 20 – RRA jet-copter
- 23 – RRA jet-copter
- 27 – RRA jet-copter
- 29 – RRA jet-copter
- 31 – RRA jet-copter
- 41 – RRA Armored Vehicle
- 55 – RRA jet-copter
- 57 – RRA jet-copter used by Scout 0-1
- 72 – RRA jet-copter
- 84 – RRA jet-copter, two of this number have been seen even though one was destroyed not long before
- 87 – Portable RRA house, Colonel Silver's personal house
- 112 – RRA jet-copter
- 115 – RRA jet-copter
- 157 – RRA jet-copter