From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia
Recoome (リクーム, Rikūmu) was a large, muscular, humanoid alien with red hair. He was the most flamboyant member of the Ginyu Force, seen striking poses more often in battle than Ginyu himself and generally behaving in a deceptively goofy manner. Recoome is actually fairly intelligent as well as sadistic, and he greatly enjoys toying with his opponents and drawing them in with taunts.
Recoome is one of the longest-lasting Ginyu Force members in terms of screen time, though chronologically he is defeated second and dies not long after. He is also the first member of the Ginyu Force to appear onscreen during the team's elaborate introductory routine to Frieza.
His Japanese name, Rikūmu, is the Japanese word for cream (kuriimu) rearranged. Viz went with the spelling of Recoome in the Dragon Ball Z manga to reflect this pun (the "Recoome" spelling also reflects this pun when cream is spelled as "creme").
 Namek Saga
Main article: Namek Saga
When Ginyu has his men play Rock-Paper-Scissors to divvy up Gohan, Krillin, and Vegeta, Recoome wins hands-down and gets to fight with Vegeta, While Guldo is left to fight "the runts". Despite Vegeta striking first, throwing Recoome into a mountain and blowing it up, and using a number of other crafty and underhanded tactics and techniques, Recoome dominates the battle. Recoome pretends to be in trouble at many points in battle, and uses this to catch Vegeta off gaurd. Taking little damage from Vegeta's attacks except for his armor being destroyed, and (later) his hair being singed off, it's likely that Recoome would have killed Vegeta with his Eraser Gun attack had Gohanand Krillin not stepped in. Krillin attacked Recoome from behind and as he hit the ground, Recoome's teeth were knocked out. Gohanpulled the wounded Vegeta out of the path of Recoome's attack in order to save him with no thanks from Vegeta.
Recoome's not happy about his teeth getting knocked out, and he recieved permission from Burter and Jeice to fight the two Earthlings single-handedly. He breaks every bone in Krillin's body with a single kick to the side. As for Gohan, Recoome takes his time pummeling the young warrior, apparently admiring the boy's bravery, tenacity, and stubborness. However, he ultimately brings the game to an end by cracking Gohan's neck with another ferocious kick. As he is about to finish off whatever is left of all three struggling warriors, Goku arrives. After healing his wounded allies using senzu beans, Goku proceeds to face his enemy. In the uncut version of the series, Recoome not only mocks Goku's power level, but also flips him off in response. As Recoome begins to warm up for his most powerful attack in theatric fashion, Goku deals him a single blow by elbowing him in his stomach. The red-headed giant then falls over unconscious, much to everyone's disbelief. Later, after Vegeta kills Burter, he also kills the unconscious Recoome, completely destroying his body with a huge Blast from behind.
 Frieza Saga
Main article: Frieza Saga
He later travels to King Kai's Planet with the other members of the Ginyu Force (save Captain Ginyu). There they find Tien, Chiaotzu and Yamcha. Recoome gets to fight with Yamcha, who is reluctant to do so since he knows the amount of damage Recoome was able to inflict against Vegeta. After Yamcha realizes that he has attained a higher power level than Recoome, he quickly disposes of his adversary, sending him into the bowels of Hell along with the rest of the Ginyu Force.
 Great Saiyaman Saga
Main article: Great Saiyaman Saga
After the Grand Kai brings word of terror spreading in Hell, Goku and Pikkon venture down to alleviate the chaos. They arrive to find Frieza, King Cold, the Ginyu Force and Super Perfect Cell threatening the resident ogres in order to acquire a means out of hell. Recoome and the other Ginyu Force members attempt to attack Goku simultaneously, but he is able to defeat them all with ease, resulting in their fall into the blood pond. Recoome was felled by an elbow to the back of the neck. Pikkon then uses a spinning tornadic attack, creating a whirlpool which sweeps the villains up and drops them onto a mountain of needles, impaling them in the process. Later, they all end up in a prison cell. In the English dub, while in the prison cell, Recoome offers an arm-wrestling challenge to the rest of the villains sharing his fate, but the only reply he gets is a unanimous "shut up!" (in the Ocean Dub, they simply say "NO!").
The next time Recoome is seen onscreen is during the Kid Buu saga, when he is watching the final battle between Kid Buu and Goku.
 Fusion Reborn and Super 17 Saga
Recoome returns in the movie Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn along with Burter and Jeice, and also makes a small cameo appearance in Dragon Ball GT's Super 17 Saga, where a news broadcast shows him flying out of Hell with a slew of villains.
 Power level
Recoome had easily dominated a powered-up Vegeta, who at the time had a power level of 30,000 (volume 23, page 153 of the Dragon Ball manga). Krillin states that Burter and Jeice have about the same ki as Recoome (volume 24, page 74 of the Dragon Ball manga). Taking these factors into consideration, Recoome's power level was approximately on the same level as that of Burter and Jeice's. When Captain Ginyu estimated Goku's power level to be at around 60,000, Jeice exclaimed that Recoome never stood a chance. Perhaps the best resource to confirm Recoome's power level is the RPG game, Legend of the Super Saiyan, where in the battle against Recoome, he is at a maximum of 65,000. This power level would contradict Jeice's statement. Another scource of Recoome's power level would be the video game Dragon Ball Z: Sagas where his power level is stated to be 40,000.
 Video games
Recoome appears in many Dragon Ball Z video games. These include Dragon Ball Z: Buyū Retsuden, Dragon Ball Z: The Legend, Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22, Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast and Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2. He's known to be the second most common Ginyu Force member to appear in video games. Throughout most of the games he is not playable in his battle-damaged outfit. Some fans were annoyed about this because he was mainly battle-damaged when he was fighting in the series, although in the first Budokai you could fight against him in his battle-damaged outfit. After the release of Budokai Tenkaichi 3, he is playable in the damaged outfit, as opposed to the predecessor games.
 Voice actors
- Japanese dub: Kenji Utsumi (Most media) and Seiji Sasaki (Dragon Ball Kai)
- Ocean Group dub: David Kaye
- FUNimation dub: Christopher R. Sabat
- Latin American dub: Mario Sauret
- Portuguese dub: João Loy
- Recoome Eraser Gun
- Recoome Buumer
- Bomb Aggression (Ultimate Battle 22)
- Recoome Fighting Bomber
- Recoome Kick
- Recoome Mach Punch
- Recoome Mach Attack (Ultimate Battle 22)
- Recoome Buum/Recoome Elbow
- Recoome Body Attack
- Recoome Death Driver
- Recoome Driver [Recoome Tecerot Soraibomb] (Legends)
- Recoome Power Bomb
- Recoome Fire Guillotine Drop
- Recoome Hip Attack
- Recoome Hyper Swing [Grapple Toss] (Budokai 1 and 2)
- Catapult (Ultimate Battle 22)
- Recoome Kaboom (Dragon Ball Z Arcade)
- Exploding Wave (Legend of The Super Saiyan)
- Energy Beam (Legend of The Super Saiyan)
- Super Breath – Recoome inhales deeply and then exhales, creating a huge gust of wind similar to a hurricane. Recoome used it to counter Gohan's Masenko on Planet Namek).
- Speed Up
- Special Fighting Pose – Special Fighting Pose (スペシャル ファイティング ポーズ, Supesharu Faitingu Pōzu)
- Although Recoome was defeated before Burter, he was killed after him.
- Though Vegeta blew up Recoome with an energy blast, his corpse was seen when Gohan flew by the battlefield while on his way to Goku's ship carrying Piccolo during Goku's fight with Frieza. Perhaps the best explanation is that Vegeta's energy blast simply killed Recoome instead of completely annihilating him. In a similar situation, Frieza kills Dende with a finger beam. Although there is an explosion, Dende's body is still intact.
- In the Ocean dub, while Krillin and Gohanare fighting Guldo, Recoome makes a bet with Burter. If Guldo wins, Recoome gets a chocolate nut bar. If Guldo loses, Burter gets the bar. Later, when it seems as if Guldo is going to win, Recoome says "I guess I was wrong. Good old Guldo's still got it," implying that he forgot who he bet on. Burter takes advantage of this and tells Recoome that he (Recoome) owes him (Burter) a chocolate nut bar. In the FUNimation dub, they simply bet on how long Krillin and Gohanwill last against Guldo. Recoome says Guldo will defeat them in under a minute. In this version, Burter wins the bar fair and square; he cheated in the Ocean version.
 See also
|Frieza • Ginyu • Burter • Jeice • Guldo • Vegeta • Goku|