From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Toma (トーマ, Tōma; FUNimation "Tora") is a member of the Planet Elite Force.
Toma's Japanese name is a pun on the word Tomato.
Toma is a tall, masculine member of Bardock's team and wears ice blue and black armor. His hair is flat at the top and kept in a small ponytail at the back. His skin is a dark tan color.
 Dragon Ball Z
Toma made a cameo appearance with Bardock and Selypa during Freeza's recollection of various Saiyans whose deaths he was responsible for in "The Ultimate Battle".
Toma appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Bardock: The Father of Goku. Toma, Bardock, Selypa, Borgos, and Shugesh attacked Planet Kanassa. After Bardock was attacked by the last surviving Kanassan, Toma and the others decided to return him to their homeworld, Planet Vegeta, so that he could receive treatment for his injuries. The rest of the group decided to leave without him for their next assignment, wiping out the inhabitants on Planet Meat, after they heard that there was an inconsistency in his brainwaves. It is assumed that they killed all of Planet Meat's natives immediately after their arrival. Before they could celebrate their victory, however, they were ambushed by Dodoria and his elite group, who made short work of the team.
Before he finished Toma off with a brutal punch to the face, Dodoria revealed Freeza's intent to destroy the entire Saiyan race. Toma initially survived the attack, but died of his wounds immediately after he informed Bardock of what he had discovered. Toma was the only person Bardock haf the chance to talk to when the latter found his group slaughtered by Dodoria' Elite. Bardock vowed to avenge the four and removed Toma's armband (now soaked in blood) and tied it across his forehead, providing an emotional backstory for one of Bardock's most recognizable physical features.
- Bukujutsu – Like most Saiyans, it is safe to assume that Toma is capable of flight.
- Fureimu Baretto – Fureimu Baretto (フレイム バレット, Fureimu Baretto)
- Great Ape – Toma had a tail, which meant that he was able to achieve the Great Ape transformation. It made its debut in Bardock: The Father of Goku.
- Ki – It is shown in Bardock: The Father of Goku that he was able to manipulate Ki.
- Mouth Energy Wave – It is unknown if Toma can use this in his base form, but he is seen using this attack in his Great Ape form in Bardock: The Father of Goku.
- Unnamed energy attack – Toma used an unnamed energy attack in his base form. The attack was meant to ignite his opponent in blue flames. This attack was seen when he attacked the Kanassan who had assaulted Bardock.
 Voice actors
- Although Toma has not appeared as a playable character, he has made cameos and been mentioned in video games:
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 – Toma's face is shown whenever Bardock performs the Saiyan Spirit (renamed Spirit of Saiyans in Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World).
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 – Toma's corpse is briefly shown in the reenacted event] (although it is merely Nappa used as a placeholder for Toma).
- Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 – Toma's name is seen on Dodoria's biography page.
- Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit – Toma is mentioned by Bardock when he is about to fight against Freeza.
- Bardock is wearing Toma's bloody armband as a headband as Toma stands behind him in a cameo appearance in Dragon Ball Z.
- Toma's original character design by Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru differed much from the final draft by Akira Toriyama. Originally, he had hair that closely resembles that of Vegeta. His body is not muscular like it is now. He is actually drawn with a much thinner body, which makes him look taller than Bardock.
- Like two other members of the Planet Elite Force, Bardock and Panbukin, Toma's name is not changed completely from the original draft to the final draft.
- Toma's name pun, the tomato, is technically a fruit. Many countries have made rulings to call them vegetables despite their biology, which clearly makes them fruit.