From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Kogu (ゴクア, Gokua) is a member of the Galaxy Soldiers.
Kogu's name is based off the Japanese word Gokuakuhidō, meaning Heinous and Inhuman in English. Bido, his fellow henchman, shares the second half of the word.
Kogu appeared in Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound. He was a skilled swordsman. He was of the same race as the other members of the Galaxy Soldiers. He even had a transformation similar to the others. In the end, his transformation was not enough and he ended up with a broken sword and death by a fist through his stomach courtesy of Future Trunks Brief.
- Devilish Blade – Kogu is very skilled in combat with a sword.
- Full Power Energy Ball – Kogu fires a red energy ball from his left hand. This is the first attack Kogu uses against Trunks in Bojack Unbound.
- Kogu has a similar pseudo-Caribbean accent as Bido, Bojack, and Bujin in the FUNimation dub, although his is more exaggerated. Interestingly, Zangya is the only member of the group not to have a discernible accent in the dub.
- Kogu is an expert swordsman just like Trunks. The two also fight each other during the tournament in Bojack Unbound.
- Kogu has a strong resemblance to Crono, a character from a video game called Chrono Trigger. Akira Toriyama designed Crono too.
- Kogu has a transformation very similar to Bojack's (considering that they are of the same race, it is plausible it is the same). His hair also changes and resembles that of a Super Saiyan.
- Kogu is an anagram of Goku.