Forum:Super saiyan 3 vegeta?
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
|Forums: Index → Dragon Ball Encyclopedia Discussions → Super saiyan 3 vegeta?||Post|
Should vegeta have turned super saiyan 3? Throughout dragonball Z Vegeta has always pushed himself to the limits trying to best Goku resulting in him becoming a super saiyan 1 and 2. In GT he becomes super saiyan 4 and skips out 3. I think because of his obession with becoming more powerful than Goku would have caused him to have reached super saiyan 3 shortly after Goku did. Ssj5vegeta 20:12, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
I doubt it
I think he would've considered the waste of energy SSJ3 was. And also, after Kid Buu was killed, he was seemingly more relaxed about his rivalry with Goku. He probably still trained, but saw no true point in surpassing Goku from that point on. Also, Goku could have done so much more in Otherworld than compared to Vegeta. Ares210 01:31, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
Good point i never thought about like that it pretty much answers my question.Ssj5vegeta 20:26, September 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, since it was just a hypothetical situation, I just gathered what I knew about Vegeta past that point. I feel that those are the best reasons, in my opinion, why he never had an SSJ3 moment. Of course... he was still really strong anyways. Ares210 20:30, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
I think the only reason Goku was able to generate that much energy in the first place was because he died. When he was dead he was shown to have nearly limitless energy. He probably attained it, then practiced it like crazy to be able to use it as a human ( "sorry to keep you waiting...I haven't had much occasion to practice this one..." ) lol
Vegeta never went SS3 because he wasn't strong enough. The only reason he went SS2 was because he sold his soul to Babidi for more power. And he was only able to go SS4 with the help of Bulma's machine. He would've never have been able to do it by him self.
i thought bulmas machine only gave him his tail back not increased his power aswell
- The only reason Vegeta went SS2 was because he sold his soul to Babidi??? I've never heard of that one before. As for the sentence below that one, Saiyans have a bit more potential when they have tails. Ares210 20:26, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
yeah i was just thinking about the majin bit though he was as strong a ssj2 i didnt think he actually was i thought he achieved that after but then again it wouldnt be the first time im wrong.Ssj5vegeta 20:57, September 14, 2009 (UTC)
Vegeta could ask goku how to become a super saiyan 3 but what would goku say "You Can't", "You need more training" or "Ok i'll show you first turn Super Saiyan and go beyond that to Super Saiyan 2 and if you go beyon this you will become Super Saiyan 3" could this be the only thing that could help vegeta. (SuperSaiyan4BurstMode 14:30, October 26, 2009 (UTC))
why would he ask Goku? he didnt for Ssj1 and 2
Vegeta did have the power
Off course he was strong enough to achieve it, the only thing prevented him from becoming stronger then goku were, like mentioned before, the otherworld trainings, I think about the kaio ken par example.
And he didn't ask how to turn into it, because he has his pride and I don't think it would work. It is something that you need to have or not to have. The reason Vegeta didn't become a super saiyan 2 and three that smooth, was because he wasn't pure hearted. When Babidi made him again pure evil, he was kind a match to Goku. But then he started to care about others and that slowed down his progress again. Pure good he wouldn't be never, because of his kinda traumatising youth
He was perfectly capable of going SS3
I'm not completely convinced that Vegeta never went to Super Saiyan 3 (even though we never saw it). But if he didn't, I think he was perfectly capable of doing so. Vegeta witnessed Goku fighting Kid Buu in SS3 form. He understood that it was extremely powerful, yet it had serious drawbacks. Through training, Super Saiyan 2 actually seems to be a more reliable, stable and more effective form. This rises the question of "Can a SS1 be stronger than an SS2?" or like we're talking about now, "Can a SS2 be stronger than a SS3?". Of course they can.. If you disagree with that, think about this. When Goku fought Freeza and turned SS1 for the first time his power level was only around 15,000,000 (I think). When Vegito fought Buu after he absorbed Goten, Trunks, Gohan etc etc.. Vegito was way more powerful in his base form than Goku in SS1 when he fought Freeza. I believe the levels of Super Saiyans make a Saiyan stronger, but I also believe that the previous forms can be improved upon and become more developed. There's a lot more to it than just SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4.
Vegeta never needed to go SS3. No one has ever seemed to have a problem staying in SS2 form, so why not stick with that and train to become stronger than a SS3 without the disadvantages?
SSCASS 20:32, January 3, 2010 (UTC)
The reason Veggeto was more powerful than a Ssj2 two was because it was two fighters fused together A lone sayain couldnt become stronger as a Ssj1 than Ssj 2 (with the exception of Broly Ssj5vegeta 00:03, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
i think its very possible for vegeta to accent into ssj3
he managed to accent to ssj,
babidi merely amplified the evil in him and thus for
releasing hatred,anger,revenge.which are traits that can helped all the saiyans accend.
but vegeta doesnt need to be evil to accend.he just has to have a good heart.
and he manages to gain that good heart,even after being controlled he still was able to accend to ssj2
he even accended to ussj with trunks in the htc.
hes a saiyan and he has no limit.
or maybe he just need to train in other world like goku did.
could goku even had accended without dying?????
Just because he had the ability to ascend to Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2 and Ultra Super Saiyan, does not mean he had the ability to transform to Super Saiyan 3. Also after Goku died, it appears as though Vegeta lost enthusiasm to train and the desire to beat Goku simply because he was not there, and there was nothing to train for, however Goku was training in the other world, as thats all he lives to do12:12, April 5, 2010 (UTC)
well,goku was the main reason he trained to ascend BUT what makes you think he couldnt go all the way?
its really just about the fact that goku trained more,yes he is stronger than vegeta but that DOES NOT mean he doesnt have the potential to reach ssj3.
he IS a super saiyan.just like goku.ive watched every episode of dbz and dbgt. and goku and vegeta were almost equal all threw out.
vegeta reached points in his power way before goku did.
like controling the great ape form and worked out his weakness with his tail,and i think goku was influenced alot by vegeta and i know that vegeta is more than capable
of matching gokus ssj3.hes always been able to match him before why not now?
- Im fully aware of the equality of both of them, having watched every episode also, however there were only two points in the whole of Dragonball Z and Dragonball GT that they were equal in power, right at the beginning of Dragonball Z during the Saiyan Saga, and at the very end of GT in which he becomes a Super Saiyan 4. They were in no way equal during the rest of the series's. During the Namek and Frieza Saga, Goku was clearly stronger having defeated most of the Ginyu Force where Vegeta couldn't and he also defeated Frieza, where Vegeta was killed. During the Trunks Saga, Goku is still clearly stronger as Vegeta has not even become a Super Saiyan yet. We cannot compare them during the Android Saga however, as Goku is confined to his bed mostly with the deadly heart virus. During the Cell Games, Goku is again stronger as he is able to put up an even match again Perfect Cell, where Vegeta was easily beaten around. During the Babadi and Majin Buu Saga the two Saiyans even have a great battle. They appear to be evenly matched as Super Saiyan 2's however Goku is hiding is true ability to go to a Super Saiyan 3. For the rest of Dragonball Z Vegeta is clearly outmatched. During GT Vegeta is outmatched as Goku is able to transform to his Super Saiyan 4 form, and Vegeta is still stuck in Super Saiyan 2 form. It remains like this for the remainder of the series, until Bulma is able to use her Machine to get Vegeta to a Super Saiyan 4. Then we cannot see who would win in a battle as Goku disappears. 09:33, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
i think vegeta can go ss3 if he trained hard enough. he was able to reach ss2 by training himelf. goku on the other hand trained in other world to reach his ss2 & 3 form which was VERY easier as otherworld has more of an advantage in training than earth. in the kid buu saga vegeta realised dat the reason goku surpasses him everytime is cuz he does not fight for power, but rather test himself to higher limits. vegeta cud of used dis to his advantage and started to train without a lust for power so he cud achieve ss3 but he decided not to and trained at an average level maybe due to the fact dat he did not have that thirst of surpassing goku anymore. now if u go to think of it, had he of trained harder like goku, then by the end of Z or the start of GT, he wud definatley of become a ss3.TheDarkPrinceReturns! 14:28, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- He did not become a Super Saiyan 2 through training, unfortunatly TheDarkPrinceReturns!, it was due to Babidi turning him to Majin Vegeta, the only form he achieved himself without the aid of something (e.g Bulma's Blutz Wave Machine, or Babidi Majin Magic) was the original Super Saiyan form 15:07, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Actually, TheDarkPrinceReturns! is right, Vegeta did achieve Super Saiyan 2 through harsh training, as it is stated in the Daizenshuu. What Babidi did, at it's stated by Babidi himself, was to unleash Vegeta's potential, and you can notice that by the strain in Vegeta's muscles. As for the matter at hand, I believe that by the end of Dragon Ball Z that Vegeta had a basic powerlevel higher than Goku's, but Goku always had the advantage of turning into Super Saiyan 3; it has been mentioned by several opinions here that in order to reach Super Saiyan 3, one needs motivation. Actually, Super Saiyan 3 is different from the other Super Saiyan transformations due to the fact that the only thing needed is to use one's full energy, ki, power and potential to reach it. In other words, it's a full-powered Saiyan in its maximum potential, that's why it was easier for Goku to achieve and maintain Super Saiyan 3 while in Other World. Due to that limitation, I believe that Vegeta could reach Super Saiyan 3, albeit with a minimal chance of sucess of doing it... Vegeta - San Talk Contrib 18:42, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
@SSJ4Lewich. wot Veget-San said is true, vegeta did in fact reach ss2 through harsh training & babidi just unleashed vegeta's evil potential. another evidence of this is goku stating in his fight with vegeta, "wow, u have really outdone yorself in the past 7 years" which goes to show dat vegeta did in fact reach the form himself and allowed babidi to control him in order to unleash his evil potential.TheDarkPrinceReturns! 20:03, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- This does not prove it as they did not fight while Vegeta was not under the Majin control, so how was Goku to know what power Vegeta had, since he was in otherworld 20:10, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
yes they did fight while vegeta was in his majin form. it was the whole point y vegeta let babidi control him. goku did come back from other world in the babidi saga. did u by any chance miss the saga?TheDarkPrinceReturns! 20:19, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- No but it is you that is missing the point I am making, and Goku did not return during the Babidi Saga, he returned during the Great Saiyaman Saga. You thought that I ment that they did not have a fight when I said "Goku was in otherworld" but you misunderstood. Read it again. Also Vegeta only used this form while being a Majin, so I would say that he only unlocked the Super Saiyan 2 form while being Majin Vegeta, since we do not see this form before hand, in my opinion, it took Babid's magic for Vegeta to turn to a Super Saiyan 2 20:27, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
yes i know goku returned in the saiyaman saga but wot i meant to say was he was on earth during the babidi saga. yes i know he used the form whilst he was a majin but it does not mean dat it was the first time he used it. there was no circumstance before this time dat wud cause vegeta to use dis form as the show skipped 7 years on after cell games. also, as Vegeta-San stated, daizenshu states dat vegeta reached the form thru harsh training meaning dat it is official. babidi did unlock sum of vegeta's 'evil' potential but it was not ss2. like i also mentioned before goku says "wow, u have really outdone yorself in the past 7 years" which cud mean dat he actually sensed vegeta's strenght earlier and realised he has reached ss2 before babidi controlled him. if babidi gave vegeta the ability to use ss2 form, then goku wud not state dat.TheDarkPrinceReturns! 22:32, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
- You do make some valid points, however there is alot of "Could be's" as there is in my points of view. However I disagree when you say there was no opportunity to show his Super Saiyan 2 ability as there is the battle with Pui Pui on Babidi's ship 22:36, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
pui pui? r u serious, dats just like saying a person needing a gun in order to kill a bug, wen they can just squash it, lol. vegeta did not even break a sweat against him, so going super saiyan wud of been a total waste. had he faced dabura, then dat wud of been a great oppurtunity. TheDarkPrinceReturns! 22:44, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Vegeta became SSJ2 by training,but he was a weak one.Magin powers exaggerated on his SSJ2 powers.Otherwise he was weaker than Cell in those 7 years--------Ucell
no he was not weaker than cell. if u actually watch the babidi saga, u will see dat wen vegeta sees gohan fighting dabura, he notices dat gohan had become weak in the past 7 yrs and says dat if he fought dabura himself, then he wud of easily beaten him. after the fight wen vegeta yells at gohan for not finishing dabura off, gohan himself states dat if vegeta fought dabura, then vegeta wud of beaten him. also earlier on, wen vegeta and goku both sense dabura's power, they realise it is the same as cells power level and even after knowing dis, they were both not scared to fight him, meaning dat vegeta had obviously grown way stronger than cell over the yrs. he was already strong as it is, but he only needed the majin, in order to awake the evil within him so he cud fight goku without any weaknesses like emotions holding him back. TheDarkPrinceReturns! 19:53, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
They stated that Dabura was equal to Perfect Cell,not Super Perfect Cell.-------------------Ucell
if i may recall, they never said perfect cell nether did they say super perfect cell. they had simply reffered to him as cell'. but either way, wen they mentioned dabura was equal to cell, they were not scared of him meaning dat they had grown WAY stronger than him in the past 7 years. besides, super perfect cell aint dat strong, he was defeated by ss2 teen gohan and as we know, vegeta and kakarot had both grown stronger than him during the years.TheDarkPrinceReturns! 11:50, April 8, 2010 (UTC)
he can in the games
theres a cutscene in a game where he wants to be better than goku and that he wants to show his true power and he goes ssj3 and flies off but i dont know what game it wasbrndn rgt 04:42, May 20, 2010 (UTC)
He is in DBZ raging blasthere's a photo--------->