Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (ドラゴン ボール レイジング ブラスト ツー, Doragon Bōru: Reijingu Burasuto Tsū) is a fighting game for the PS3 and Xbox 360. It was developed by Spike and published by Namco Bandai Games.
- 1 History
- 2 Characters
- 3 Confirmed venues
- 4 Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Reception and sales
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 External links
- 10 References
First announced on May 3, 2010 in Weekly Shōnen Jump, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 will be sporting up to 100 characters, more than 20 of which are brand new to the Raging Blast series and 6 new to any Dragon Ball video game. New modes and additional environmental effects have also been included.
According to Namco Bandai Games' producer, Ryo Mito, gameplay will take a very similar approach to that of it's predecessor. Destructible environments and character trademark attacks and transformations will return and be true to the series. These include signature "Pursuit Attacks" which enable players to initiate attack combo strings, juggling the opponent in a string of devastating strikes throughout the environment. Additionally, Raging Blast 2 will sport the new Raging Soul System which enables characters to reach a special state, increasing their combat abilities to the ultimate level. Namco Bandai Games America has announced on their Raging Blast 2's Story mode that it will be named Galaxy Mode. It works like the story in Supersonic Warriors 2 and Budokai 3, that you pick a character and play his or her respective story, with what if battles as well. At the end of each story there is a boss fight, which makes a powerful enemy, like Ultimate Gohan vs Super Buu w/Gotenks absorbed where Gohan starts with 1 HP. You can also unlock "Enchanted characters" while playing some of the new Battle modes (Battle Zone).
Galaxy mode is the new Story mode for Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2. This new Story mode is very long but does not follow the actual story of the anime or manga. Every character has their own Galaxy mode which involves several battles including a boss battle and bonus battles. In these missions or battles there are some special conditions such as finish before your Raging Soul ends and start from almost no health and win the match. Some characters have battles with other characters where you have to unlock all the characters that go together to do the battle. You earn Dragon Balls by beating the boss mission of any character. If a character has a transformation they have to unlock it by completing missions, but you start out in base then you can transform.
Collector's Edition and bonuses
Accompanying the regular release of Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 is a Collector's Edition that has been confirmed only for a release in European countries and Australia, the Collector's Edition features include a laser-cell artwork from the Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans remake, 8 exclusive costumes (including Bardock in "Cell Saga" armor, Turles in armor similar to Raditz and a lighter skin-tone to more resemble Goku and Piccolo in King Piccolo's clothing), and finally a 3D pop-up box.
Along with the Collector's Edition, we have seen several pre-order bonuses (also alternates costumes) crop up on various websites, so far we only have six available, all split into packs of three, the first containing alternate clothing for Gogeta, Teen Gohan, and Goku, with the other containing alternate clothing for Vegeta , Trunks Brief, and Vegetto.
So far it has been assumed that these will see release on the Playstation Network and Xbox Live, just as we saw with the bonuses in the first instalment of the Raging Blast video game series.
Characters returning from Raging Blast
- Son Goku (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3)
- Vegeta (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Vegeta, Super Saiyan 2)
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan 3)
- Vegeta (Scouter)
- Majin Vegeta
- Vegetto (Base, Super Vegito)
- Gogeta (Super Gogeta)
- Kid Gohan
- Teen Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
- Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2)
- Future Trunks (Sword) (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Future Trunks (Fighting) (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Trunks)
- Kid Trunks (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Son Goten (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Gotenks (Base, Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3)
- Freeza (1st Form, 2nd Form, 3rd Form, Final Form, 100% Power)
- Zarbon (Base, Post-Transformation)
- Cell (Imperfect Form, Semi-Perfect Form, Perfect Form, Super Perfect Form)
- Android 16
- Android 17
- Android 18
- Android 19
- Dr. Gero
- Majin Boo
- Super Boo (Base, Gotenks Absorbed, Gohan Absorbed)
- Kid Boo
- Broly (Base, Super Saiyan, Legendary Super Saiyan)
- Broly (Super Saiyan 3)
Characters new to the Raging Blast series
- Ultimate Gohan
- Future Gohan (Base, Super Saiyan)
- Mecha Freeza
- Cell Jr.
- Cooler (Base, Final Form)
- Android 13 (Base, Super #13)
- Bojack (Base, Full Power)
- Janemba (Super Janemba)
Characters new to any Dragon Ball video game
Old venues from Raging Blast
- World Tournament Stage
- Planet Namek
- Rocky Area
- Ruined City
- Break Wasteland
- Cell Games Arena
- Dying Planet Namek
- Supreme Kai's World
New venues to the Raging Blast series
Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans
On August 10th, 2010, Namco Bandai Games announced a completely reconstructed, re-scripted, and re-edited version of an original Japanese OVA that had never been released in North America or Europe, Dragon Ball: Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans. Originally known as Dragon Ball Z Gaiden: Saiya-jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku in Japan, this OVA was released on VHS in two parts and was an "Official Visual Guide" for a Famicom game of the same name. The footage from the OVA was put into two games for Bandai's Playdia, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Saiya-jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku: Chikyū Hen and Dragon Ball Z: Shin Saiya-jin Zetsumetsu Keikaku: Uchū Hen. In 2003, it was put onto DVD and released with the Dragon Box. This new version is completely reanimated but, in accordance with the FUNimation announcement, the OVA is not voiced in English, however, it does have English subtitles. Every copy of Raging Blast 2 comes with this 30 minute animation on the game disc.
The following are a complete list of all Xbox 360 Achievements.
- Raging Blast: Obtain all the achievements - 0 Gamerscore
- Ball Master: Shoot off as many balls as possible in mini-game - 5 Gamerscore
- Come Forth, Shenron!!: Summoned Shenron for the first time - 15 Gamerscore
- TAKKARAPUTO POPPORUNGA: Summoned Porunga for the first time - 25 Gamerscore
- Character Complete: Unlock all characters and forms - 35 Gamerscore
- Fashion Complete: Unlock all costumes - 35 Gamerscore
- Humanitarian: Use every form of every transformable character at least once - 15 Gamerscore
- Training Journey: Fight on all maps - 10 Gamerscore
- W.Tournament Champ: Win the World Tournament - 35 Gamerscore
- Cell Games Champ: Win the Cell Games - 35 Gamerscore
- Capsule Corporation Founded!: Collect all items - 30 Gamerscore
- Music Complete: Get all of the game BGM - 20 Gamerscore
- Fruits of Training: Obtain Rank S++ for the first time - 15 Gamerscore
- Destroyed a Formidable Foe!: Complete battle in Galaxy Mode for the first time - 5 Gamerscore
- First Galaxy!: Complete "BOSS MISSION" in Galaxy Mode for the first time - 20 Gamerscore
- East Galaxy: Complete more than 10 characters in Galaxy Mode - 10 Gamerscore
- West Galaxy: Complete more than 20 characters in Galaxy Mode - 10 Gamerscore
- South Galaxy: Complete more than 30 characters in Galaxy Mode - 20 Gamerscore
- North Galaxy: Complete more than 40 characters in Galaxy Mode - 30 Gamerscore
- Off-the-charts Warrior!: Complete more than 50 characters in Galaxy Mode - 40 Gamerscore
- Galactic Domination!!: Complete all characters in Galaxy Mode - 50 Gamerscore
- Fundamentals are Vital: Complete Tutorial until the end - 5 Gamerscore
- Battle Start!: Complete the first Battle Zone - 10 Gamerscore
- Battle King: Complete all of the Battle Zones - 20 Gamerscore
- Discoverer: Discover a hidden route in a Battle Zone - 20 Gamerscore
- Stamp Rally: Earn 300 Challenge Stamps in Battle Zone - 20 Gamerscore
- First Step to Ultimate: Complete the first Ultimate Zone - 15 Gamerscore
- Ultimate among Ultimates: Complete all of the Ultimate Zones - 30 Gamerscore
- Trivia King: View all character profiles in the Museum's Character Encyclopedia - 10 Gamerscore
- Famous Scene: Collect more than 30 illustrations - 10 Gamerscore
- Reward Mania: Collect more than 100 illustrations - 20 Gamerscore
- Wonderful Memory: Collect more than 250 illustrations - 30 Gamerscore
- I Wanna Fight Someone Stronger!: Earn 30 victories in Xbox LIVE - 20 Gamerscore
- Title Collector: Collect 10 or more titles - 10 Gamerscore
- Title Seeker: Collect 50 or more titles - 25 Gamerscore
- Title Hunter: Collect 100 or more titles - 30 Gamerscore
- Power Level...of 5...: Earn 5 losses in Xbox LIVE - 5 Gamerscore
- Please Go Easy on Me: Fight in an Xbox LIVE battle for the first time - 5 Gamerscore
- Battle-Crazy: Reach your 50th Xbox LIVE battle - 20 Gamerscore
- The Fight Has Just Begun: Win 20 times in 1P vs. CPU battle - 10 Gamerscore
- The Days of Battle Continue...: Win 50 times in 1P vs. CPU battle - 20 Gamerscore
- Best Friends: Fight 10 times in 1P vs. 2P battle - 10 Gamerscore
- W.Tournament True Champ: Champion of World Tournament on Hard Difficulty - 40 Gamerscore
- Cell Games True Champ: Champion of Cell Games on Hard Difficulty - 40 Gamerscore
- Secret Achievements
- Denouement: Watch Credits Roll - 40 Gamerscore
- Yamcha's Premonition: Win against Yamcha with the Saibamen using the Ulitimate Attack, "Saibamen Bomb" - 15 Gamerscore
- Farewell to the Proud Warrior: Using Majin Vegeta, win against Majin Buu with Ultimate Attack "Final Explosion" - 15 Gamerscore
- End of Everything: Using Super Saiyan Goku, win against Full Power Freiza with Ultimate Attack "Angry Kamehameha" - 15 Gamerscore
- Lone Warrior: Using Android #17 and Android #18, win against Super Saiyan Future Gohan with "Non-stop Violence" - 15 Gamerscore
- A Message From Goku: As Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan, win against Perfect Cell with Ultimate Attack, "Father Son-Kamehameha" - 15 Gamerscore
Reception and sales
Raging Blast 2 has received generally mixed reviews from game critics. The PlayStation 3 version currently holds a score of 60 on Metacritic, while the Xbox 360 version holds a score of 59. IGN.com gave the game a 55/100 stating, "Overly complicated controls are put into a game where button mashing can win the day with ease, layered on top of no story and a host of unlockable pictures and other trivial things that only the most hardcore of Dragon Ball fans will enjoy." GameSpot gave it a 5.0/10.0, stating "Raging Blast 2's good looks and fan service can't conceal the shallow combat at its heart." G4TV gave it a more positive review, however, awarding the game 4/5 stars.
In Raging Blast 2's first week of sales (not including Japan), the game sold a total of 52,019 copies on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 combined, with 26,171 on Xbox 360 and 25,848 on PlayStation 3. Because the game was released in Japan over a week later, its sales in Japan have yet to be determined.
- The demo was released on the 13th of October (UK and JP)/ 27th of October (US) for the Playstation Network and on the 14th of October for Xbox Live. It featured four playable characters which were Super Saiyan Goku, Kid Buu, Dabura, and Ultimate Gohan and two playable stages being the Glacier and Rocky Land.
- This is the second Dragon Ball Z video game to feature FUNimation's Dragon Ball Z Kai voice cast, behind Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team.
- This is the first time Hatchiyack and Tarble have recieved English voice actors.
- During the dialogue between Teen Gohan and Krillin, Gohan says the same dialogue he does with Piccolo and erroneously refers to Krillin as Piccolo. The same thing happens when Teen Gohan fights Goku. Another mistake like this happens whenever Goku and Vegeta use the Fusion technique. Instead of simultaniously saying "Fusion-Ha!" as it should be, Goku is heard saying, "Gohan, don't let it hit you".
- When using Metal Cooler's Lock-On Buster on Android characters, such as Android 14 and Android 15, the "heat sensor" still picks up heat even though they are machines.
- Official website (English)
- Official website (Japanese)
- Goku's Corner: The Official Community of Dragon Ball games
- Official Japanese Trailer #3 (October 06 2010)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-AU-zeH-LI&feature=sub&videos=87S6YZk-2wA%7C Video confirming Super Saiyan 3 Broly, Vegeta, and Gotenks.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NmEsGD7Wn0&videos=0WDUrB01FZE%7C Video confirming Future Gohan (Base), Captain Ginyu, Frieza (first form), Majin Buu, Cell (Semi-Perfect Form), Tien, Yamcha, Jeice, Future Trunks (Base), and Vegito (Super Saiyan)