Black Star Dragon Ball
From Dragon Ball Encyclopedia, the ''Dragon Ball'' wiki
The Black Star Dragon Balls were apparently the same size as the Earth Dragon Balls, approx. 7.5 cm. They could summon Black Star Shen Long, who could grant any wish, including killing people (which the original Shen Long could not). Even wishes that were weak enough for the regular Shen Long to grant (such as reducing Son Goku's age) were still so powerful that only a second wish to Black Star Shen Long could permanently reverse it (Super Saiyan 4 can only temporarily reverse the effects). After a wish had been granted, these Dragon Balls did not turn into stone. If someone did collect all seven again, they could wish again right away. As the name indicated, the Black Star Dragon Balls had black stars instead of red ones.
Unfortunately, to counter such unrestricted powers, these artifacts had a lethal side effect. After the wish had been granted, the Dragon Balls spread across the universe. If all seven balls were not been re-collected and returned to the planet on which the wish was granted within one year, the planet would explode (this, however, can be permanently reversed by using a set of regular Dragon Balls).
 Known wishes granted
- Goku was wished back into a kid (unintentionally by Pilaf as he originally wanted world domination).
- New Planet Plant was recreated next to Earth (by Baby).
It is named Kyūkyoku Doragon Bōru (究極 ドラゴン ボール, Kyūkyoku Doragon Bōru; Literally meaning "Ultimate Dragon Ball") in Miracle Battle Carddass: Dragon Ball Kai.
- When the Nameless Namekian split into Kami and Piccolo Daimao, the Black Star Dragon Balls turned into stone and became inactive due to the "creator" of the balls no longer existing. When Piccolo and Kami reunited during the Cell Saga, however, the Black Star Dragon Balls once again became active due to them being one again.
- During Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, the Black Star Dragon Balls were never mentioned, yet Pilaf seemed to know of their existence at the start of Dragon Ball GT. The only people who should have known of the existence of the Black Star Dragon Balls would have been Piccolo (due to him having all of Kami's knowledge), Mister Popo, and Dende. This could be explained due to at least one wish having been made or the Dragon Balls recollected before and the wisher/seeker (perhaps the Nameless Namekian himself) recorded it somewhere (like in a diary, journal, or scroll). Pilaf may have stumbled across said document and learned of the Black Star Dragon Balls that way.
- Ironically, despite being the strongest of the Dragon Balls, they were actually recreated by Polunga when he recreated Earth during the Kid Buu Saga (though the same thing happened to the normal Dragon Balls).
- It is known that one more wish was granted since Old Kaioshin knew the side effects of these Dragon Balls, as he correctly mentioned during the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga that, once a wish was made, they must be brought back to the planet where the wish took place.